To dedicate or introduce is not a New Testament command, but it is a promise of Faith that parents make unto the Lord concerning their child.
The Greek word for dedication is Paristemi, which means “to present”. It also means:
- to set apart for the Lord
- to make available for the Lord
- to place alongside or next to the Lord
- to dedicate to the Lord
Dedicating a child acknowledges God’s sovereignty not only over the child, but also Mom and Dad. Parents present their child before God and His people asking for grace and wisdom in carrying out their responsibilities namely:
- That we will raise up this child according to Your ways and statues
- We will be an example to this child in WORD and in DEED
- We will help this child to discover his/her gifts, talents and unlimited potential in You and raise them up according to it.